Sumptuous Suckling Pig
Roast suckling pig has a rich history across many cultures and is revered as a ceremonial dish for those very special occasions, making it the ideal choice for smaller parties wanting a complete animal as the centrepiece of their event. It is a magnificent eating experience that has a unique succulence and flavour which is memorable for a long, long time.
Especially popular in medieval times the suckling pig, alongside the ox roast, was essential food at all the best banquets, tournaments and county fairs.
How many guests will a suckling pig feed? Well, depending upon size, one of our suckling pigs should feed up to about 20.
Roast Suckling Pig Options
- Free range suckling pig with a rub and stuffing of your choice, slow cooked to perfection
- Served with soft or rustic bread rolls
- Apple Sauce
- Red Wine Gravy (optional)
- A choice of delicious home made salads (optional)
- A choice of hand made desserts (optional)
- Cornish ‘Doom Bar’ Real Ale (optional)
- French Country Wine (optional)
- Lindisfarne Mead (optional)
- Disposable plates and napkins (optional)
- Our own serving tables
- Small or large parties please e mail / ring for our best prices
- No VAT
We can prepare a suckling pig feast to your own specification and budget
A selection of meat free dishes that can all be eaten with our salads. We also cater of guests requiring gluten free diets or with any other special dietary requirements.
In a bap (warm)
- Vegetarian Cumberland or Lincolnshire sausages
- Vegetarian quarter pound burgers
In a pitta (cold)
- Houmous, sliced radishes, lemon and coriander
- Falafel, salad and tahini Zatziki
All items are subject to availability. Alternatives will be offered for unavailable items. Our food may contain traces of nuts.